Saturday, February 15, 2014

New Projects and a Trip to Happy's

I have had this pattern for years and had even selected the fabric to make it.......  Never got it done....






Then it occurred to me that I could alter it a bit and put this stitchery in the top and have a pillow for the living room......  I have a little doll to sit in front of it......



Finished this stitchery last year........... 


And this one..........  Never had them framed because, well you know the cost of framing these days.....


Found this tray at Happy's the last time I was there and knew it was just what I was looking for for the coffee table............  The crewel in it is lovely but the yellow is a bit strong for my taste...........Then I realized that the stitchery above would look good in this tray...............It does not exactly fit but I can use the aqua fabric I had been saving for the pillow idea above to make a mat for the stitchery............


I also found this delightful bear to add a touch of Valentines day to my space...........  Marilyn bought it and gave it to me........  She is so kind...........




I also spotted this pitcher........  I need three..........  One for sweet tea, one for unsweet tea and one for water............  I now have two.....  I know that one day I will find a third at Happy's.................Now to find time for my two new projects............

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for the pillow! Don't know about you, but in addition to framing costs, we've about run out of wall space! BTW, love your snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Crabapple Hill project....I,have at least one around here waiting to be started!!!!!

    Miss you...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10