Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Last Week

I keep trying to blog more often but life keeps getting in the way.......

Last week was dedicated to working with Georgina making gifts for the baby shower.....

We made 10 burp pads........  I found the pattern on Pinterest........  I did enlarge it a bit...........  Made it longer and wider........ They were easy to make but like everything else I fall short on figuring how long it actually takes to make something.



Another Pinterest pattern was for a changing pad...........  I made it larger too.  The pattern was 14 1/2 inches wide and I enlarged ours to 24 inches......  We used the new PUL fabric....   I have never worked with it before and found it to be much easier than I would have thought...........The bottom part is the pocket and the top part is flannel.........


It rolls up nicely and we even found buttons to match the fabric at JoAnns..........


Last were four diaper covers..........  Easy-Easy-Easy..........  You can get folded elastic and the pattern tells you where to stretch it to make the gathers......

Yes, this one was finished last because in my haste I sewed the velcro closing on the wrong side and had to pick it out......
Now as for yesterday.........  That was spent in the front yard all morning.........  I even got the grass cut.....

Came in, showered and Rebekah came with chicken salad sandwiches from Edwards Pharmacy.....

After eating I quickly stirred up a batch of brownies and put them in to bake..........  Marilyn has houseguest so the Monday Bunch met here............  Cassie and Rebekah were the attendees yesterday........  They left and then it was time to warm up the Taco soup Marilyn brought over Sunday for  us......

Now I am off to get the porches cleaned and swept and arrange the furniture on them............  I haven't done that yet this year and they really need cleaning..........  Birds sit on the front railing waiting for their chance at the bird feeder and leaving behind reminders of their stay on the railing.........  Frogs sit on the porch and leave traces of their visit to be cleaned too...............

Jason and Kim are coming over this afternoon with the baby to play in the water.........  Rebekah will be coming too.......  I might even fix lasagne for us for dinner tonight.........  Time will tell...........





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10