Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Whew.............

Yesterday was busy..........  I got more mulch spread in the front flower bed.  I should be able to finish it some time this week......
 

I planted the caladiums we had purchased from Lowes last week.............


Then rearranged the front porch........  I wasn't really thrilled with the way it looked earlier......


I like this arrangement.........

and a plant next to the Kingsly Bate Bench.............


I do need to get the cushions finished for the chairs..............


But at least the milk can and wooden top is painted......... 

The bird is now a cardinal...........


Two ferns and a basked with the bromiliad..........  I did add a few silk flowers for color.........

Now to the back porch.........

It has just gathered spider webs and such since last fall........

It is past time to get it swept and arranged.....

I have the geranium in the wagon under the pergola......

Using the new plastic spray paint I painted this set black......  After I got it in place I realized I had missed a few places.......  I will get to that next week..........



I like the rocking chair under this window.....  I do need to repaint the table but I heard that shop nearby has one just like it.........  Lem and I plan to check on it today.....  I wouldn't mind having two......




The larger house plants are placed where they won't blow over in the wind.........



A nice conversational area...........


I put the table on the under pergola...... We spend more time sitting and talking so we don't need the table that much............  I am thinking about adding an umbrella to it and getting more chairs next year.......



Done..........



And last a picture of the Snake Plant or Mother-in-law Tongue.........  It had one bloom last year and this year it has five of them..........  I have never had success with house plants but since we have been here they are doing well...........


Today will be devoted to the house..........  Our contractor has asked if one of his clients can look at our home as an example of his work......... Today Lem and I will dust and vacuum, mop and wipe and get the inside looking good........  Hoping to get done in time to get to Jane's for blueberries............


3 comments:

  1. WEll you certainly got a lot done on a very hot day! Your place looks very homey and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how the days just fly by. There's a lot to do in the summer, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laying down mulch is a really good idea if you want to keep those pesky weeds away from your garden. It is far less work than weeding everything by hand all of the time. Thank you for all of the photos. Those chairs are very stylish on a patio and look like they would be very comfortable.


    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10