Saturday, May 26, 2012

Moving Along Nicely

 My time with the Challenge Quilt is coming along nicely..........  I have the 4 1/2 HST all done.....

 And the 2 1/2 HST all finished............  It is now time to assemble the parts.........

 On Wednesday we were without our internet service.........  A bad storm on Tuesday night caused flooding in areas near us and damaged something important......  It took an entire day to get it fixed...........  Lem suggested we go for the flowers I had been wanting since he could not be online........ I picked up the flowers above for the basket pots I got for the front porch............
 And 4 dozen Impatiens for Jason and Kim's front yard...........  I even got over there to plant them yesterday morning.....  There are a few left to put in my front yard also..............  We also got a gardenia bush to put under my bedroom window.  I will get a picture of it when it gets planted........
 While we were in the area we stopped by the Fox and Hound Antique Shop.  I had seen a lamp there the last time we went and I wanted to see if it was still there and affordable..........  I found this silver tray for Mama's silver service.......  I know she had the trays for them but I have not found them so I don't know exactly where they would have gone.........

 There were a couple of Madam Alexander dolls there so I called Rebekah and she said to go ahead and get them...........

And here it is.........  The crystal lamp for my bathroom.........  Now I am on the lookout for a crystal liquid soap dispenser.........  Perhaps one day one will come along...........

I have mowed grass, sprayed for weeds..........  Spent time in the kitchen baking and mixing and generally enjoying myself..........Sewed every day for a wee bit..........And planted flowers..........

Now off to do more of the same................

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan... I can not believe all you got done... Fist of all the lamp is a great find and I want two for my bedroom... You have been busy at the sewing machine... the plants will be wonderful aroung your house... You must of taken a pep pill to get all what you have done in one day... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10