Saturday, July 16, 2011

Whew.....

I finally finished the hand quilting on Andrew's quilt. I know you thought it would never happen and I was beginning to think so myself.................. Now for the binding and the label and I can give that darling boy his quilt hopefully before his first birthday...........

Due to a medical procedure Rebekah came down this for a few days this week to help her father while I was feeling woozy........(No Duplin County wine was involved)

She and I were in the studio talking yesterday when Kim stopped by......... It was wonderful to see her. She works full time and takes care of her home and family and as we know that leaves little time for visiting but yesterday she got off work early and came over..... It was grand with the three of us sitting and talking........ Just what I have missed for years and I am relishing every moment now...........

A short time later, Jason stopped by.......... He helped his father take the plastic off of the boat, wash it out and put the cover on to protect it.................

I jokingly said to Lem, "Let's all go to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner tonight." We were all surprised when he agreed. He isn't much for eating out and normally I agree but I was still feeling rather tired and did not want the good times of us being together to end.

The lighting was bad and Jason suggested using a cell phone to read the menu.......... Let me tell you girls, it works a treat...............


There is Jason and Rebekah........




And Kim sat beside me........... I should have taken another picture of her but as I said, it was really dark there and I did not realize that her eyes were closed..............



How wonderful it is to have family all around to be with.....................

Thank you Lord for so many blessings................

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely afternoon/evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... The quilt for Andrew is great.. all happy colots and I am sure he will have it forever... I am so Happy for you to enjoy a wonderful time with your family.. You deserve it and waited a long time for this time with you whole family... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Andrew's quilt! Great pattern and colors. I'm finally getting caught up a little on blog reading.... Your house is looking great. Love the dormers! Where are you finding your dishcloth patterns? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable quilt, and being with family is good. Your house is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10