Thursday, July 21, 2011

On a Rabbit Trail

I was making some (not very much) progress on my July list........ I had already acknowledged that part of it would roll over into August but that was fine with me......... Just as long as I am making some progress.............

Then Anne Ida at Quiltaholic announced a quilt a long....... You can find it HERE.....

It is the Lucinda's Gift quilt from an Elm Creek book...........




I went out the garage and finally located some fabric to use......... I brought it inside and pressed it carefully....... Just to let you know, this took several days....... Days right now are filled with meals and errands and dishes and such.......................


I began cutting my fabric till I had enough for a start and I have it all laid out ready to stitch.......



I did finish my June Thangles blocks........ July hasn't come yet so at least I am up to date for a few more hours.............

Wednesday I finally made it to the Guild meeting and this time I brought my camera... You can tell from this shot that I was concentrating on the quilt............Look at those lovely paper pieced blocks........


This is a quilt made for Greene County.....


This one was made from a panel and I sure do wish I could find some of those interesting panels....



This is a finished Turning Twenty Quilt.......


And a Quilt of Valor all done...........


And another lovely one........... I did not see the pattern completely till I looked at the picture...... I really need to remember to take more pictures of quilts before assembly to make sure there are no errors...........



And the ubiquitous house pictures............ The siding is complete and the insulation is up on the inside..............






But the best part of all is that Pat came for dinner last night.......... We haven't seen each other in over a decade.............. I am so glad to be close to Pat again..................


Now to get back to my sewing for a few hours.............



3 comments:

  1. Your house is really coming along! You asked on my blog about our stay on Cape Cod. We stayed in west Dennis, enar the West Dennsi public beach. I went there as a little girl too, and I am glad to introduce my children to the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is looking great! You guys are really making progress.

    Way to go finding time to pull fabrics and cut the pieces for your Lucinda's Gift! I'm looking forward to see the blocks starting to come :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10