Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Am Not a Shopper........

Let me be begin with that statement. I much prefer to go out, get what I need and come home. That is why I miss so many things that are on the market now.....

Since we are in NC now I am enjoying being with family as much as possible so when my sister-in-law, Jane called and asked if I wanted to go to Greenville with her Monday and shop I said yes. A few hours spent with her would be fun and I did need some solid fabrics to make tea towels so I said 'Of course'...............

We left at 10:00 yesterday morning and half way there I realized that I had not put my camera in my bag..........How foolish is that..........

We went to JoAnn Fabrics first and picked up some fabric.................. A couple of Christmas prints that were on sale and the needed solid fabrics.


We also selected yarn to make dish cloths to go with our tea towels. I wanted to get the yarn for Jane as a gift. After all she drove...........

We found some porch and garden items on sale for 70% off. That is the kind of thing you find when you shop often.........

While I was waiting to get my fabric cut she said that she was going to the front to pay for her purchases (a pack of pins and some knit markers)..........

Bless her heart........ She paid for my yarn..........


And the four plant ornaments I had selected.........


After that we went to Best Buy to look at MP3 players and appliances....... Jane is a great one to take shopping.... She ask all the right questions like, "if she buys several appliances what kind of discount can she expect?"............

We had a nice relaxed lunch at Olive Garden and even divided a desert and had coffee........

We wandered around Barnes and Noble for awhile..........

Then back to Kinston........... I could not believe that it was almost 5:00 PM..............

It was a glorious day.................

Thank you Jane...............

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan... You deserve a day out shopping... You got some great things and it sounds like Judy can find all the bargins... I am happy for you to be so close to family and friends... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10