Sunday, February 27, 2011

Where Did the Day Go?

I had great plans for Saturday. Do a few kitchen chores and then go upstairs to sew all the rest of the day.................

The only problem is that I tend to move slowly these days.......... Since I can I don't rush through things as I did in the past........... Part of the is due to my nemesis...... That also takes hours from me each day.


I did get the bread baked............


and a batch of cookies................


Then off to the grocery store and home in time to cook supper............ Oh well, one day gone. I will sew tomorrow..........

This morning I rolled out pastry. Old North Carolina recipe......... Flour, water and one egg. Roll it out till you can read through it (I keep rolling till I can see the red marking lines for pie crust on my mat). Then place it on the counter to dry................

The chicken is in the crock pot and later I will take all of the meat off the chicken and add it back to the broth. Put it all in a pot on the stove and bring it to a rolling boil. Then cut the pastry in strips and drop it in one at a time.......... DO NOT STIR......... Lem just loves chicken pastry and I rarely cook it.............


I also whipped up a batch of sour dough bread................


Can I go upstairs and sew now?

3 comments:

  1. yum - can I come to your house to eat!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have full permission to sew - or have a lie down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....good thing I read this many days late....I might have hoofed it quite quickly over to eat some of tose goodies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10