Monday, February 28, 2011

Sewing at Last

This is the fabric I selected for the Mug Mats I want to make..............


I thought this might be a good layout.............



And then I tried this one........... I really like it best.......


I cut the hexagons I needed for the number of mug mats I wanted to make and have them ready to make..........


Then it was time to come downstairs and finish cooking supper..... The Chicken Pastry was excellent............. Lem and I both ate too much last night....... Thank you Kim for your help in getting it right this time.............

After dinner I finished another pair of socks.......... That is the third pair I have completed for Lem in the past few weeks. I am still using the first cone of yarn. It looks like I might get four pairs of socks from one cone.......... That brings the price down to $9.00 per pair of wool socks. And I still have another cone........... I will have enough socks to keep Lem's tootsies warm all next winter....................




6 comments:

  1. Good for you that you found some time to sew and knit. The mug rug is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are so pretty for your mug mats...wonderful! I wish I could knit...sigh...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan... Sounds like Lem will have very warm feet... I sure do have warm feet when I wear very special socks... I am happy you got time to quilt.. Love the material that you are using...Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mug rugs are so pretty - love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the mug mats are going to be so cute! I love blue and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking blocks, gorgeous fabrics, and the baked goods are making me so hungry. Your bread loaves could be on a magazine cover they're so perfectly formed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10