Monday, February 21, 2011

I wanted to bake cookies before the showing on Sunday but discovered that I was out of brown sugar.... Lem said he would make a run to the store and look what else he returned with........ Just the promise of spring that we needed................


I got the butterscotch nut cookies made and they are the greatest................


I also got the sour dough bread wrapped up and ready to give to a friend on Tuesday. I really liked making the sour dough bread......... Of course there will be no more till Saturday when it is time to feed the dough again.......... It was delicious with the soup I made Sunday night.......





When I went to the store on Saturday there was a manager special by the door. The unsold Valentine bouquets were marked down to $5.00.......... I was pleased to bring them home with me............




While strangers were looking at our house we rode to Rock Harbor to wait........
It has been cold here and the harbor is frozen over. That might look like waves but the surface is solid ice....



This is looking across the harbor toward Eastham.



And this is looking out toward the ocean. In the summer there are fishing boats moored between each of those post on the left............


The ocean was not frozen though I have seen that happen in really cold winters. Sunday it was just the harbor............. And to think in just a few weeks it will warm and the boats will return...









3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... I bet your house smelt wonderful for the strangers... What a sweet guy you have to bring you tulips... Also. What a deal on the Valentine flowers... I would of bought them too at that price... I sure miss the harbor and the views aaround the Cape... Thanks for the pictures... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan
    Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful pictures...They are amazing,,,The cookies are looking lovely too..I can almost smell them right here in OZ.!Beautiful flowers for your home....I love a bargain,,,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these beautiful views of the harbor! I do love the ocean so much. Good luck on selling the house. I hope something happens soon for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10