Friday, December 10, 2010

Mug Rugs Part 2

A few strips cut and sewn together...................


Instead of embroidery I used a Green Gel pen for the holly leaves.................


Add three beads for berries, batting, backing with a bit of quilting and the binding and


Voila........... A lovely Mug Rug...........


A close-up of the holly with berries...........


that matches the side of the mug...........

These mugs were purchased years ago at an after Christmas sale. I knew they would come in handy one day...............



6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

OH...it's so lovely! Great job!

karenfae said...

very pretty for Christmas. I need to make some for me - I have made one for each daughter but none for me.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barbara J said...

Gosh ... Susan ... you are one creative lady! Lovely mug rugs!

Kathy H said...

Your mug rug turned out so cute. I think I will have to try some embroidery ones too. I am trying to finish a lot more to give to one of my stitching groups.

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Susan... How sweet the Mug Rugs are... I was thinking the other day I need to make a Mug Rug to put next to my chair... I am always drinking tea when I sit and do hand work....So after the Holiday my sister and I are going to make some... Thanks for the inspration... :)

LuAnn said...

Very nice, and I love that the holly design matches the mug. Cute idea.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10