Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sometimes I Wonder

As I mentioned earlier this week, while sitting in my studio sewing I noticed all of the projects neatly stored in their plastic boxes and correctly labeled................. And as I reviewed the labels, I thought about just how long it would take to finish each one...........

So now I Wonder? Why when I have all the items to make these lovely things why do I continue to look for more? You are probably thinking that I am going to announce another NO BUY.......

Nope, not me, they don't seem to work for me................ I will say that this weekend I am going to do some more removals in the studio............. A nice big stack will make its way downstairs to the nether regions to sit for a wee bit so that I can concentrate on the things that are on my plate right now................. I would like for 2011 to be a year that I finish more things than I have recently.

7 comments:

Valentina said...

Oh, I know... Mine aren't even labelled! :)
But I know, and yes, it would be so great to get some of them finally finished and enjoy them!

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Susan... I hear you and I have been trying to do the same... I have a few stitcheries that I need to do something with as well start the quilt I want to do for me... Good Luck :)

Barbara J said...

I couldn't agree with you more Susan. I believe most crafters find themselves in the same predicament. I've been clearing throwing out craft stuff that I have not touched in some years. Good for karma? :)

Like in 2011 I'm going to dig in into all those work-in-progress!

Tammy said...

Oy, i just pulled 4 tops that need borders and quilting.. i'm on the hunt for a long arm quilter... Know one?? They all get done in their own time don't they? I find my mood is directing the progress of each. Gloomy day, bright quilt. Sunny day, brighter quilt. :) Tammy

Kathie said...

I think we all go thru this.
Yes I having a clean space and only have out what I am working on , more inspirational.
hard not to keep starting new projects but I am with you next year I hope to finish a few more of the projects I started a while ago!
good luck!
Kathie

Candace said...

I used to be a work on one thing at a time and finish it type of person, but I think since I have had the internet, there are more and more pretty things to make and so I get diverted. I have been on a finish it up kick and still keep taking sidetracks, but I have been finishing my sidetracks and still working toward my UFO'S. I am determined, with organizing my sewing room the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know what I'd do if mine was already organized as yours is, lol.

julieQ said...

I know what you mean...I gave away a UFO this week, and plan to giveaway some PIG's too.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10