Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Few More Things

A few more things have wandered into the studio and requested attention............


Temecula Quilt Company had a quilt kit for this petite Pinwheel............ This seemed to be a quick pattern and a nice break from some of my larger projects..........


Bird Brain Designs sent out a news letter that contained the instructions for a free candle mat. Yes it was in wool and I have never done wool but............these candle mats have been intriguing for some time. They had a kit to make the candle mat so I thought I would give it a try.



They also had this in the newsletter. It looks exactly like what I wanted for my table in the fall. No, I doubt that I will get it made in time for this fall but I will not put it aside till it is ready for next year.............


Look at the lovely fabrics that came with the kit..............


I have seen Schnibbles mentioned everywhere and I thought they too would be a good break from larger projects. This is the first one that I chose.............



Peg gave me her magazines that she no longer wants............ This was in one of them....... I really want to try one of these blocks..............


But I am still making Christmas presents and I need to work in the kitchen for several hours today.

Yesterday was taken up showing the house and doing errands. I hope to stay in the studio for at least two hours before duty calls...............

5 comments:

Barbara J said...

Ah ... so you've been busy 'Adding to Cart' I see :) Lovely purchases for sure!

karenfae said...

so many new projects - you will be busy. I just finished a schnibbles pattern and it was easy and fun to make. I am in the process of hand quilting it now.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

julieQ said...

Oh, love all those wooly fun projects to work with...funny how busy we get at this time of year, isn't it!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yes...try those arrowhead blocks.They are really fun and sew up quickly.

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Susan... WOW!!! Again, you are going to start a mew projects.. Good for you.. It just maks life intreating and to do wool for the first time... I have not done that yet but, one day I might try... Have fun with your new projects... :)

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10