Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finds...........

Saturday a neighbor was having a yard sale.......... Even though Lem said that we did not need anything she had called to invite me to see what was there so I walked up the hill to say hello. W wandered around a bit and found these items......... Hand done. For some reason when I find something like this at a yard sale I realize that the owner has no idea the time that went into making these lovely linen items. All but two have tatted edges and the other two have crochet edges. I knew that I had to bring them home. I asked the price and she says, "Oh, $2.00....." Clearly she had no idea what the real value was. I could not take advantage of her that way but all I had on me was $5.00 so I offered her that............... Yes, I do know that they are worth more but at least they are in a home that appreciates the effort that went into making them.


And now to show the finished product.............. My little Tea Towel with the free design from Bird Brain Designs............. I have 10 with the scallop edge sewn on and all marked and ready to stitch. I suppose we know what I will be doing every evening this week.................



Yesterday was a delightful day................ Lem watched sports on TV and I stayed in the studio and played. I got my tea towels prepped and ready to stitch, I finished my baby sweater (picture shown yesterday) and I took the time to dust a bit and put things away. I even found time to sit and knit on a wee yellow sweater (more on that later)................ All in all it was a lovely time spent with my needle and thread.............. As I sat and looked around I could see one project after another that I wanted to dive into and make........... But for now I have a choice few that I will keep doing bits on each day till I can have another finish...............

5 comments:

  1. You know Susan I've been thinking of making some small table mats with tatting lace around it. Your bargain find is my inspiration.

    Great going on the tea towel! What a fabulous idea. I may just have to copy your idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to find those lovely linens and give them a new home! You're making me want to make some tea towels. Those are so cute!! Just like knitting, I can't remember how to embroidery. I do not need another hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find, and whoever made them, I can't help but think, would be happy to know that they are with someone who values and appreciates the work. Your tea towel is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan... WOW!!!!! What a wonderful find... You are right about how no one knows what time and talent that went into the making the edging... Good for you for your new find...:)
    I just love the tea towel... I have plenty of these patterns and I am hoping to do some after all my Christmas gifts are done... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like that in a thrift store .... I can't pass up items that have been hand done. I stopped going to thrift stores ....

    Sweet towel and it is finished ... yeah you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10