Monday, August 09, 2010

Well, here it is............... I decided to get these quilts finished instead of adding three borders to each one. Here is the first green quilt. Completely assembled.


The backing is from a bolt of material I bought years ago. I must have been on medication when I made that purchase. I do remember that it was not expensive. Good thing too because after I got it home I decided that I did not like it. I have been using it for backings and such and there was enough left to make the back for this quilt and still have 2 yards left. The binding is the same as the outer border. The binding is cut and ready. Of course then you are left with the problem of finishing.....................

I called Vickie and asked that she schedule me in when she can. She has the perfect table for pinning a quilt. I will try to do this one by my self................I really need to learn and this will be a good opportunity.


I will be starting something new this week after all. I have need of a baby quilt in October. It seems that I am going to be a Great Grandmother........................ This is supposed to be a quick and easy quilt.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan... First I want to say that I miss ya, and your green quilt is just beautiful... What a wonderful job... the backing looks like it will be perfect for this quilt... Second, I want to say Congraulations... When is the Big event... Do we know what sex it is? It is so wonderful that the family's keep on getting bigger... Enjoy.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10