Sunday, August 08, 2010

The children came to visit. We met them at the bus drop in Barnstable. We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving 2008 and it was wonderful to see them again.


On Friday they helped Lem and I with some chores. Jason installed the dishwasher, got the clothes dryer to work. Cleaned out light fixtures, adjusted the water heater and a multitude of things...........

Rebekah and I did the grocery shopping, cooking, and loaded and ran the dishwasher.

Jason has never been here in the summer so he wanted to go to the beach. We fit that in on Saturday..... It was a perfect day. I remembered why I don't go to the beach often. I am always cold there..............



On Monday we spent the day in Provincetown. I took some pictures of different things that caught my eye.


Yes, Wade Hamilton went with us. He was filthy when we got home so Rebekah gave him a bath. I splurged on lobsters for us. Capt Elmer's cooks them for you. Delicious.
















I got some pictures of two potted plants that caught my eye.








At one point we stopped at the Crown and Anchor for lunch. The fish and chips were superb.






We had to sit at two tables in order to stay out of the sun.








Tuesday they headed back to NC. Their flight was canceled and they ended up flying to Detroit in order to get home.................

Lem had his last procedure on Friday. That was another all day affair. He was diagnosed with prostrate cancer this spring. He spent 5 days a week for 5 weeks getting radiation therapy. Friday they did a seed implant. He now glows in the dark.... (not really)..............

He is home now and resting up. I am getting things put away after having guest. Lem asked the realtor not to show the house last week but Monday we will be back on that treadmill.
It will be good to sell out and move closer to the children.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful visit - thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck on the house sale and hope all improves with Lem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10