I am trying to spend the first 15 minutes of my sewing time each day in putting things away and getting some order in my studio.
Last winter someone gave me a small piece of the new bamboo batting. I wanted to find out how well it worked for hand quilting.
I pieced a small heart and did the hand quilting. The little piece has been moved from one place to another in the studio while I tried to find something to make with it. After all, nothing should go to waste.
One of my decorative pillows had finally reached the point of no return. I took the cover off and washed the pillow form inside. I had intended to make a cover for it but it too was just moved from one place to another in the studio.
This week I decided to make a pillow cover with my little quilted piece. I picked up a piece of fabric left over from the peach quilt to use.
I trimmed the center.................
Added a couple of borders and made some piping...............
Using my Dritz Guide I trimmed the corners. This is the second time I have used this new addition to my tool box. I am delighted that I purchased it. Kaaren at The Painted Quilt has gotten me started making little pillows and this helps get the corners right.
Two years ago while in Virginia I found this for trimming piping. It works a treat.
Voila................... Pillow done. No it was not on my list but it took only one morning and now I have at least one finish............................