Monday, March 23, 2009

The Beginning of the Week

The weekend was spent being Suzy Homemaker. There was a section in the basement that had never been organized and correctly packed. I spent most of Saturday having a real sort out down there and doing the ubiquitous laundry.

No stitching to speak of was accomplished because we had another open house on Sunday. That meant putting away all of my stitcheries and sweeping out. The children along with their beds and toys were loaded into the car and Lem and I did a few errands. We also took time to stop at Fort Hill to watch the ocean for awhile.

For supper I fixed Barbara's chicken. You pound a half of a chicken breast till it is about 1/4 inch thick. Then add a slice of ham, a slice of munster cheese and roll it up. Wrap it in a slice of bacon and bake at 350 for an hour. So easy.......So good.....

Last week someone asked about the baby hats I had made some time ago. While I looked for the instructions I found that I still had some baby yarn. The knitting tide rolled in so I made these this past week for our local hospital. I will give them to Joan to take to the Auxiliary meeting tomorrow.


Things are rather hectic at work and I don't even get break time right now. By the end of the week it will be back to normal. Until then I remain behind in blog reading and answering comments.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love the baby hats and those cute booties, Suze. What pattern did you use?

QuiltedSimple said...

I dread cleaning and organizing - and I REALLY need to do some of both this spring. Love the baby hat and booties,
Kris

Arlette said...

The baby hats and booties are adorable and they look so soft too. Good for you that you took some time out to straighten and organize. That is something that is terribly lacking in my house.
Take care.
Aloha!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10