Friday, September 21, 2007

The Persian Pickle

The Pickle met at my house last night. We stitched and talked and had a wonderful evening. I do enjoy getting together with these friends. The pictures are out of order because I did not add them correctly



Peg is hand piecing a Dresden Plate quilt. She found the pieces at an estate sale. This is a good reason to finish our projects or they will be sold after we are gone. All the pieces were cut out and several of the blocks were complete. She is going to have such a lovely quilt when this is done.


Joan is cutting out flowers to go around the picture she appliqued for our quilt entry. She has created a great appliqué of someone drafting a quilt block. This quilt is going to be such fun.

Nancy brought a plate of homemade cookies. Some cheese, crackers and fruit rounded off the snacks to go with our tea.


Nancy is working on a Grandmothers Flower Garden. Perhaps next month I will think to get a good picture of what she is making.



This is the project for a class Vickie is teaching. I am so pleased that it is on a Saturday and I will be able to attend this class.

We had to get one up close shot of the larger block since it is a pickle fabric.


Vickie taught me to hand quilt. I have been trying to learn but needed help getting the rocking motion right and trying to hold on to everything at once. I think I might have the hang of it now.
The quilt I am working on is one I began 15 years ago........... It might just get quilted this year.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

A wonderful evening stitching with friends! This is definitely BLISS.

Thank you for sharing!

Nana's Quilts said...

Aren't these get-togethers such fun? We had a sewing Saturday last week-end and are already planning another for January. Can't wait!

Does look like you had a great time.
Marne

Nadine said...

Such nice photos, Suze ! Nothing better than a good get together with quilting friends... I miss mine !

Biiig hugs & smiles,
NADINE

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10