Friday, September 06, 2013

A Finish as Last..................

I was asked to make a Christening Gown for a dear friends new granddaughter.........  She bought the materials and I did the stitching................

All stitched by hand except for putting the neck band on.......  That I trusted to the machine...........



Hand smocked.......with lace on the neck and the sleeves..............



Embroidery detail on the front panel.............



And lets not forget the hat.........



You will have to pretend that the brass pineapple is a baby head............

Now back to making Christmas ornaments............

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Susan!!!! What a treausre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! These are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10