Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Off To A Good Start

Before I begin a New Year I need to finish updating the last one...............

I have not blogged much lately because I have been enjoying the Holidays.........  I do hope you have enjoyed them too.............

Thanksgiving gave Lem and Jason time to watch a ball game together..........Yes that is a Bonnie Hunter design quilt on the sofa.........  Wade Hamilton thinks that we bought that sofa for him so I try to keep it covered unless we have guest..........



We had a swan visit us one day after Thanksgiving.......... First one I have seen here........

After getting the decorations up for Christmas I had the Neuse Quilt Guild here for a holiday luncheon.
This is the dining room.....

Buffet held the special ornaments I have made over the years and the tree on the left is decorated with knitted beaded tassels......  Everyone was asked to untie a tassel and take it with them.

This is a sewing table that is in the dining room.......... It was made by my grandfather.

The entry has my Creche.........That is the most important part of the Season in our home.

We pushed all the furniture against the wall and set up tables in the living room........... 

The desk in the corner has more trees...........  Can you tell how much I like trees........?

The tall tree is decorated in Red White and Blue..........  My patriotic tree...........  I am hoping that next year it will be decorated with Christmons..........  I have several embroidery books on making them and I have called Barry at Town Ho in Brewster, MA to order the necessary threads and fabrics..........

The breakfast table is all ready for the deserts.......  I made Brunswick Stew and everyone else brought the deserts..............  The white table cloth was one that I knitted our of tobacco twine............


The stairway is decorated with a tree of china cups and tea pots....  the stockings were made several years ago.............  I have more quilted projects planned for next year...........


The sweet tea (house wine of the South) and glasses are all on the kitchen counter.  There was also unsweet tea and coffee.........

Lemuel and I decided last year to end gift giving except for the very young members of the family.....  We love them all year not just in December........  The Gift of Salvation is such a wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father........ That is all anyone needs...........


This is the quilt made from the blocks I won from my friends of the Neuse Quilters Guild.......  I invited them here so all could see that the quilt was done..........


Rebekah loaned me her Charley Brown tree for the guest room.......

The stuffed tree was from my sister...........

A closer view of the trees on the desk.........




The tree in the Master Bedroom.........

The tree in the guest bathroom........

The tree in the Master Bathroom..............
As you can see the windows are not hung with curtains yet and the walls are somewhat bare......  It will take me several years to get the house as I want it to be........ 

As for this year I plan to work on unfinished projects............  I have plenty of those...........

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... WOW!!! What a Christmas Land you have through out your house... I just love it and you did a beautiful job decorating... I wish I had your talent... There is so much to see and I am sure your Guild loved you place as well... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures of your new home!!! I had such a grand time at the guild party too!!! Can't wait til next year..hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10