Sunday, August 22, 2010

It seems like several exciting events are happening at once.......... Vickie and I went to Manchester, NH yesterday for the New England Quilt show. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much more about that later............

I am within a few stitches of being ready to assemble my House and Garden quilt. This was the Jan Patek quilt from 2008..................

BUT............before I begin that I want to get my new design wall put together and standing so that I can assemble the blocks on the design wall and then assemble the quilt.

Peg gave me a Jan Patek book that has some placemats in it that I would like to make for myself and friends.................

I have a baby quilt to make from start to finish before October.....................

I have a BOM from Homestead Hearth that was begun in 2008.......... (and wouldn't you know that I looked up there site so that I could put the link in and found another wonderful BOM. Now I am thinking that since I have one almost finished I could start another one.) The 2008 BOM was a Lori Smith design. She does those wonderful quilts with dozens of fabrics. You can fine her at From My Hand to Your Heart. The quilt I am making is The Road Less Traveled. I have five rows of seven complete..... Row six only lacks two blocks to be compete and then Row seven and then ASSEMBLY.................

Back to 2008 once again.....That was the year that Judy at Patchwork Times offered a challenge to make a Log Cabin Quilt with her. You can find the information here..........Patchwork Times

All of the little pieces left from making Flying Geese for the last several years have finally been sewn together. One day they might be pressed and used for a border or something but for now they are just sewn. Peg did give me a nice bag of more but I want a break from HST and since I had uncovered the box that contained the fabric already cut for Judy's quilt I am going to use it as my Leader/Ender..............

Today I will start my design wall. We shall see just how far I get.

I know I am behind on commenting on blogs and answering emails. I will get that caught up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10