This is the beginning of my new design wall. Three sheets of one inch Owens Corning Insulation. I realize now that I should have asked for Styrofoam....... But I didn't..... Quite frankly I am glad. It did cost a bit more but having made one small design wall out of the styrofoam I will say that I prefer the insulation. It is more dense.....cuts easier.........and is tongue and groove so that it goes together easier. Yesterday Vickie and I discussed ways to keep it stable but they were not necessary.
Lem brought the sheets upstairs........
This is the wall where the wall is going..........
Joanie suggested cutting it with a serrated knife. I brought the electric knife up just in case.
I got my tools ready to mark the cutting line.
I had measured the wall three times. I measured the styrofoam and marked it with a straight line.
Then I scored it on the marked line with the knife. It was so easy to cut that the electric knife was not needed.
Lem helped me carry it into the studio and get it all taped together.
I then wrapped it in flannel that was secured on the back with small pins..............
Now to get out my blocks and place them on the design wall.
Here it is.......I had to stand in the hall to get this picture. I need to finish one block and there is some fine tuning to be done on several others. I should have this one together this week.