Thursday, December 11, 2008

Answers for Jean

Why the weighted blanket?

Many children and adults with sensory processing issues find the weighted blanket very comforting and calming.



These are the polymer beads that I am putting in the blanket....... First I layered the minkee and print fabric with muslin. Then I put the binding on three sides. I knew it would be easier to deal with before I added the weights............... I had three bags of beads so I divided the blanket into three sections and sewed from top to bottom. As it turned out the pockets are 3 1/2 inches.


I then added the beads to each tube and shook the blanket to encourage them to go to the bottom.


I found the sliding the ruler down the fabric would encourage the beads to go to the end of the pocket.


After stitching that section closed, I then marked the next pocket and began again. I now have two more rows to fill and I can finish attaching the binding. Tonight I can stitch down the binding and mark this off my list.

Yes Jean, your purse is next....................VBG

1 comment:

julieQ said...

This reminds me so much of when I was a child. No heater, so we used about 10 quilts per bed. NO turning was even thought of! The weight was comforting.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10