Thursday, November 29, 2007

Progress

Here is the Elm Creek Quilt. The top is all ready for class. The colors do not look too good in this picture but it is really lovely in person.

I am hoping to get it layered and quilted so that I can give it to my mother for Christmas.





This morning I spent another hour with Judy and the Hour A Day Quilt. If you are interested in making a quilt the instructions can be found at the link above. Her designs are easy to assemble and her instructions are impecable.... She has a way of adding sashings and borders that make the quilt appear to be so much harder than it is.


Also with as little as an hour a day you can complete another warm hug for you or someone you care for.
I was never able to get a good picture of the Wisteria Sampler. I will keep working on that. At class last night I managed to get a part of the three hearts (you can see the one on the right) completed. Barry gave me some fabric so that I could make a few more and practise cutting and needle weaving. I do hope I get to spend some time practising this skill before next Wednesday.



Last but not least is the ubiquitous sock I am slowly moving up the foot portion. I am anxious to make my green socks so this should move along faster than before.


4 comments:

JudyL said...

Glad you're enjoying your hour of quilting with me! :) Don't you go get your green socks done before I get mine done. I doubt I can start on mine til after the first of the year! :(

The Carolina Quilter said...

The Elm Creek quilt is beautiful--restful looking and pretty. I never got the hang of knitting--and I do well to get all of my quilting UFO's worked on along.

Anne Ida said...

Your Elm Creek quilt is lovely, Suze. Perfect for those times when you need calm and cozy :o)

You have been busy with lots of projects - looks great! And I really look forward to see your version of Judy's HAD quilt - your fabrics are yummy!

Ravenhill said...

What a glorious quilt!
http://ravenhill.typepad.com

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10