Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just a Few Accomplishments

This is the beaded ornament I am making for the Guild. Since no one from the guild is a blogger, I can confess on this site that I am the secret Santa.................. I have some dear friends that are members of the guild so even before I joined I did a wee giftee for each member attending the Christmas gathering. One year it was strawberries for needles. The next year it was a Wonder Wallet from Lazy Girl Patterns. Last year as you know it was the beaded tassels.
I figure I will need to have at least 60 ready by Thanksgiving. If I need a few more I can make them up before the meeting. So here are four done and 56 to go. There are 12 ornaments to each container. If I get 5 containers completed I will be in good shape for the event.


Finally the hat and socks and sweater are done. The smocked dress was done also but I managed to get something from the iron on it when i was blocking the top so it will have to be washed. I will mail what I have to Jean so at least that part will be done.

Lem and I stayed home for the holiday weekend. We did swap the winter clothes for the summer clothes. Now the closet is nice and organized.

We have a dear friend coming next week for a visit and I got the closet in the guest room cleared our for her and two drawers in the chest of drawers emptied for her use.

I didn't even get half of what I wanted done. I spent Sunday afternoon with a heating pad and that really cut into my time to stitch...................

3 comments:

  1. The hat and sweater are so cute. You do everything, don't you? Love that beaded ornament. I've never done anything with beads. NO! Do not send me any beads. I do not need another hobby. But, I think the beaded things are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the hat and sweater, where did you get the pattern? I have a new grand daughter and would love to knit the sweater for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very skilled beader Suze. I always enjoy looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10