Well, here it is, my Fields and Fences Quilt. Lem and Honey slept under it the last two nights and reports are favorable.
I did that one all by myself. No help at all except from my dear friend Peg who was so kind to help me layer and pin it. I picked the fabrics and cut it and pieced it and and I machine quilted it and bound it and put a label on it. I did it all in one month. I keep pinching myself to see if I am awake. I usually drop the ball somewhere along the way but this time I kept right on working along till it was done.
I opened the box of “Needs Binding and Quilting” I now have two quilts that require the binding hand stitched. One that needs the binding sewn on and then hand stitched and three that need quilting and binding.
I will put the ones requiring just the binding done on the Thread a Day list. I can put that thread in each morning while I wait for the coffee to perk.
and it seems to be just what I need for two of the quilts I have to hand quilt. Thanks Hanne and Finn for the idea.
So after work I stopped for the background and sashing fabric for Judy’s
Hour a Day Quilt. Much joy there. I even picked up the background for Honey’s quilt that was on sale. A quick stop for chops for our evening meal and then home.
I washed the fabric while cooking our dinner. The rest of the evening was spent stitching my swap blocks. I got 2 completed and another one half done.
I was up early to work on the Hour a Day quilt. While I was downstairs I took the time to organize just a wee bit……. That is when I uncovered all those quilts on the cusp.
I am looking forward to getting home from work this afternoon and enjoy a cup of tea while I make more HST for my Hour a Day Quilt.
And YES, the walls really are that blue...... One of the color errors I have made.