Thursday, October 12, 2006

Now Doesn’t That Look Better


Stopped on the way home to check on fabric for the alternate blocks. They had just the thing…… This morning I did 3 blocks to see how they would look. What a big difference in the look of the quilt. I like that much better and I am glad I am making more alternate blocks for this quilt.

Now about the ones I already have……. I checked EQ and there is a nice paper pieced pumpkin pattern there. I also found an appliqué apple on EQ. When I am ready to use those blocks, I will be forced to learn to use my EQ to see which one I like best. I am leaning toward the apple now and can call that quilt “A Basket of Apples”

There is another surprise coming along in a few days.

13 comments:

JudyL said...

Oh, yes! I like that a lot better. Good choice. I'm now thinking my brown was too dark . . too late now! :)

Judy L.

tam said...

ohhh sooo much better...warmer...

And so quick! Look at you go!

Aunt Jenny said...

It IS better..I love it. Really warm and cozy feel to it.

dineke said...

The new looks is so much warmer. Good of you to change.

Hedgehog said...

You're really right - this looks terrific!

Melzie said...

Oh yes that looks beautiful :) Much better! xoxo melzie

DubiQuilts said...

Yes that is much better. The colors are much brighter.

Pam said...

I agree - that does look really nice. I haven't made this quilt, but I really like it and have it on my "to do" list.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

yes, I agree I think you nailed it this time!! good choice!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Yes that looks nice. When you learn your EQ you can give ME some tips!

Hanne said...

That looks much better Suze :-)
I am starting my daily hour engine right now - hoping to maybe catch up with the previous days too, through the weekend.

Cynthia said...

i like the fabric you are using now for your alternate blocks.

I can't wait to see your "apple" blocks.

April 1930s said...

Very nice, Suze - very, very nice. I like what you have made. Such warm, soothing colors to the soul.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10