Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Two for One Quilt



This morning I finished the last block of my hour a day quilt. Oh what a grand way to start the day………. I took the blocks upstairs to spread out for a picture…..

What happened? I called Lem to look……..”Not one of your better ones” he said. “I don’t know what it is but something isn’t right”….. That was so true…. It did not look good at all. The brown I used for the alternate blocks is more of a gray brown and all the other browns are black browns. Who ever thought that browns had so many faces. “Well, it is what it is.” I replied. “I am putting the rows together this afternoon.”

That thought lasted for about 5 minutes. I have the blocks in the car. I will be on the prowl for the right brown for the alternate blocks. The other ones I will use in another quilt another day – soon I hope.

Judy provided such a wonderful design. I have just the fabrics I want for the leaves and a stunning backing. It deserves no less than the best………

So you see, I will get two quilts out of this deal…………..VBG

5 comments:

Nancy said...

It's not really "bad" but you're right, a warmer brown will look better with the leaves. I'd probably do just like you and go in search for just the right fabric to showcase those beautiful leaves.

DubiQuilts said...

As long as you are not happy with the colors you will never be happy with the quilt. Others may not notice but you will always know. Changing the brown will make you happy.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Good excuse to go to the fabric store!

tam said...

Oh it's so disappointing when this happens...but nancy and dubiquilts are so right...

You would not be so willing to display all your hard work...and although it's joyful work...it is time and energy expended...must make it worthwhile!

God was very specific in the creation of the robes and coverings for His priests and altars...

Make this quilt unto Him and not unto yourself!

April 1930s said...

You are thuh-SUH-WEEETEST! Thanks for putting my button on your side-bar. I am so humbled. :)

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10