Saturday, July 23, 2016

Recently


a fellow blogger posted a finish.  A lovely pillow embroidery by Crab Apple Hill.  I inquired on the provenance of the design and was offered my choice of the pattern or the finished piece......

I chose the piece as I knew that as much a I would like to think otherwise there is limited sewing time now and I would not get it done.........

When it arrived I just happened to have a pillow insert that was the perfect size.  Isn't it lovely.

Thank you Sunny for this lovely gift.



I recently spoke to a friend from Cape Cod........  Peg often shared her scraps with me.  I have two quilts completed from the time she gave me a large container of her greens because the bin was too full........  I mentioned that I missed getting these lovely fabrics and she sent me a care package that included 1 1/2" strips and squares........  Also included was a stack of charms...............


She even sent two quilting books that have some great designs..........  Now I am planning my next Leader/Ender project.........

t



2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome! And how nice that you had the right size pillow form. Don't you just love playing with new scraps? I came home from a sewing group last week with a bag filled to the brim. I've been enjoying pulling out pieces for a sampler quilt that I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Treasures from Yesteryear book - it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10