Monday, February 11, 2008

A Disapointing Day

I have been counting down until this morning when the cast came off. I did not expect the hand to work perfectly yet but I was looking forward to more mobility.

Well, it didn't quite work that way. The wrist has not completely healed. We did compromise. Instead of re-casting I am now wearing a removable splint (that I can only remove to shower).

I have even less use of the hand than I had before..............

I think I am going to go take a nap.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Suze, I am sending some warm hugs your way. I'm sorry about the hand. I am glad you're back though!!!
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sending hugs to you!!! Hope you did more on your list from Saturday so you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry! At least you got the big cast off so that's a step in the right direction. It will take time to get full use back and I hate to say "be patient" because I know I'd hate to hear that but .. that's probably all you can do. I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry it didn't go as you'd hoped. I don't know what I'd do without use of a hand or hands for any length of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How disappointing for you!! I hope it heals soon. I know how you feel - I had a cast on my ankle for 5 weeks and when it was to come off - the same thing happened to me, they took the X-ray and decided to leave the cast on for 2 more weeks. I think as we get older our bones just take a little longer to heal. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10