Saturday, November 24, 2007

How Did This Happen?

This is the question asked by Judy of Sunshine Quilt Fame.

For me it is a different story. I get the fabric to make a specific quilt......... Occasionally I will pick up a few yards of a fabric just because I like it but mostly it is for a project. I just don't seem to have much of an understanding of how long it actually takes to make a quilt.

Being near the end of a project is also a dangerous time because I start thinking "This didn't take long so I can do it again for three special people I know."....... Then I buy the fabric for three more but before I start them I have one more thing that has a deadline and they get put aside.

I spent some time today doing a little housekeeping in the studio. That always brings home just how many projects there really are.

1 comment:

Celine Combet said...

Dear Susan,

I am not sure if you are getting my emails so I thought I'd left a comment on your blog, just in case! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving even if it was quiet.
Since you said you have done a little housekeeping in your studio I wonder if you came accross my Row Jane blocks amongst all your projects! Could you please send them back so I can have them for Christmas? I would love to see them again after so long... If you need my mailing address again, I'll send it to you privately. Thanks and take care,
Celine in UK

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10