No pictures today. I really need to work harder on getting pictures taken.
I have been spending my time in the evenings working on the Nine Patch Quilt. All the center part is quilted. Now I am doing the edges. I have two sides done and have just started side three. As soon as the quilting is complete I can add the piping and the binding. It will be good to have a finish this year. I might even get this one completed this month. Time will tell.
I have about 4 hours of work left on adding the border to the GFG. That will be ready to baste and then to hand quilt. It is a BIG quilt and will take a long time to hand quilt. At least for me. I would really like to finish it this year.
I am also casting about for something to do when I need a handwork project for a break while quilting the GFG.
I want to finish my March embroidery from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt. Tomorrow will bring another gift from her and I will want to get it ready to embroider.
This morning our realtor hosted an open house for other MLS realtors. We had to have the house ready and be gone by 9:00 AM. I went upstairs to put away the ironing board and pick up my blocks off my design floor. Since I had a few extra minutes I taped together the pattern for the next block of Country Cousins. Perhaps this weekend I can get it traced onto interfacing and get it ready to applique. That would give me three projects to chose from when stitching at night. I know I cannot sit at the quilting frame for several hours at a time.
This morning while reading a few blogs I saw the Buzz Saw Quilt on Kathy's Quilts. She gave the link to the instructions. How did I miss that delightful quilt. It looks like a good Leader/Ender quilt to me. I have been wondering what to do with my green fabric from Peg and this just might work. I am still sewing together the half square triangles from my last two quilts and I am rather tired of that. This seems like a welcome change.
Break time is over so it is back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.......