Monday, March 29, 2010

Some progress is being made. I am starting to assemble the rows to make it easier to pick up off the design floor if someone wants to look at the house.

As I mentioned earlier, I started this quilt some years ago. My skill has improved more than I had imagined. Still I will not redo the blocks that could be better. After all this quilt is supposed to be a warm quilt, not a perfect quilt. I am not sure how I will finish the quilt. I had envisioned a couple of borders but now I find that I might not have enough of the background material. I will have to finish the second green quilt before that decision is made. What was I thinking.

The realtor we are using now gives us feedback. I like that much better. There are 13 villages on Cape Cod. They each have their own personality. Why in the world you would show a house in Orleans to someone that wanted to live in Chatham or Dennis is beyond me. Chatham is a "Lovely drinking village with a fishing problem (or so the bumper stickers say). Dennis has more traffic and is more of a tourist trap. Orleans has more retired individuals. We have a large grocery store and several pharmacies but you do have to go at least 15 miles for the hospital. Orleans is quieter. Perhaps that is why we like it best. Our house was built in 1954. No it is not a new house. So Saturday we got all ready to show the house and they were only there for 15 minutes. Why? Well, they were interested in something newer. The age of the house in on the sheet of information. Why bother to show a house built in 1954 to someone looking for new construction. I am annoyed that our time was wasted on someone not even at all interested.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... I love how this green quilt in comming together... All the blocks looks great to me... I will keep my fingers crossed for the sale of your house comes through so, you can get on with your life... Jean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quilt is a journey in my eyes - so I would keep the old & new blocksas well. In the end it will look perfect! Godd for you finihsing a Ufo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your green quilt is so pretty-sorry about the house selling woes-it sounds like a lovely area to live, I hope the perfect new owners show up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10