Sometime ago there was a Hallmark movie titled "The Magic of Ordinary Days". That phrase seemed to resonate with me. The things we consider ordinary have a soothing continuity. We get into a rhythm and time seems to just go along.
Wednesday night things were just flowing along. Lem and I had enjoyed a pleasant evening watching television. We don't really watch much... I stitch or knit and he computes or 'rests his eye' by closing them. When he 'rests his eyes' he sometimes exercises his nasal passages and makes alarming noises so I an not sure it is just his eyes that are resting.
Ten o'clock came along and we headed to bed. I was finishing a few things in the kitchen when the phone rang. We all know that a phone call that late is usually not a good thing. This call was no exception. I was being called with the news that my employer had passed. I have been in this job for 14 years. He was a perfectionist and I am not that detail oriented so it was not the best fit but we have had a working relationship for a long time.
I have been asked to keep the office going for the next few weeks and after that I will join the ranks of the unemployed.
Then our days will develop a new rhythm and once again we will enjoy for a time "The Magic of Ordinary Days".
Hi Susan... So sorry to hear about your boss... sorry that I could't chat long, but I was cashing out... I hope your unemployment last till you sell your house... My heart and prayers are with you... :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your loss and your job loss as well. My company was sold last November and I lost my job of 25 years. It was worrisome at first but I am happy to be home.I am trying to start my own business on Etsy. We are lucky...it is just the two of us to worry about.
ReplyDeleteI am just so sorry for your loss...those late night calls are never any good. I guess we need to enjoy each ordinary day!!
ReplyDelete