Judy at Patchwork Times has Design Wall Monday....... A great way to see what is going on in the world with other stitchers. Judy also has a special Memorial Day offer that you need to check. She is posting a pattern just the right size for QOV. If you make the quilt and mail it to her she will finish it and send it on its way.
This weekend I started my Mini Irish Chain. I only got one row done but other things did need attention first. I got out my redwork piece from the First Friday Freebie hosted by Kaaren at The Painted Quilt. Karen used her piece on a notebook cover. I have something else in mind.
Several years ago I found several of these baskets. They are just the thing to put all the pieces of a project into to take downstairs to work on. It keeps everything together and if I need to prep more things I just take the basket back up stairs. Keeps me from dropping little pieces of applique.
I am making a quilted piece to put into the bottom of the basket..................
Then making a cover to put over the project in the basket.
It was a productive weekend even though I only got to play in the studio for a few hours.
Oh that basket is going to look lovely. Great way to use Kaaren's design. Like your color choice for the Irish Chain. I am busy attaching yo-yo's to mine :)
love your basket idea for Kaarens stitchery. I only have mine 1/2 way done and think I will just pack it to take on vacation in a few weeks! (and after vacation I will probably unpack it and work on it....)
Hi Susan... You are too quick... What a great job on the redwork... I love the mini Irish Chain... It looks so small... :)
ReplyDeleteLove the basket. You get so much done!!!
ReplyDeleteOh that basket is going to look lovely. Great way to use Kaaren's design.
ReplyDeleteLike your color choice for the Irish Chain. I am busy attaching yo-yo's to mine :)
love your basket idea for Kaarens stitchery. I only have mine 1/2 way done and think I will just pack it to take on vacation in a few weeks! (and after vacation I will probably unpack it and work on it....)
ReplyDeleteYou got a lot done! I love the basket idea.
ReplyDelete