Instead of piecing I began the next block for this quilt. Thought I would take the time to do it the right way. I had the pattern enlarged so now I am required to tape the bits together to get the basic design. I properly traced it to lightweight interfacing and stitched that to the top of the fabric. That piece will stay there until the block is completed to make sure I get the correct placement. I try to get around this step and make a muddle of it so it is much quicker to make the tracing and move on.
All traced and ready ....................
Fabrics are chosen...........
Bias tape made and pinned in place to stitch the first bit. I will try to get this stitched tonight. Heaven only knows when I will get up here to add the next part so I want to get this done and be ready for the tulips.
I really enjoyed seeing your applique process. Lovely block! I am making Kaaren's stitcheries too, aren't they so fun?
ReplyDeleteI love that block, Sue. I hope your showing went well even though it was really early!
ReplyDeleteOh, oh, Susan. We are "shopping around" for a century+ home and we went to see one at 10 a.m. on Thursday morning. I guess we make the wrong assumption that because we're early birds that everyone else is too. I hope your showing was positive and that these were the buyers.
ReplyDeleteLove your applique. I'm getting the urge but not until I finish my x-stitch needle case. What size is it going to finish at?
Hi Susan... First of all Good Luck on the showing of your house... :)
ReplyDeleteIs this applique "Country Cousins" quilt.... ??? I will be starting mine soon... I love the color's you picked out for the tulip's... Keep up the great job... :)
Good luck on your house sale. I tremble at the thought of having to move and pack up this house! Your blocks looks very nice and that is an interesting way to get the placement right. I don't believe I have ever seen that done before. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete