Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In April of 2008 Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts had a Star Block Quilt Along. The pattern is still on her site but she is not blogging anymore so if you want the pattern you might want to print it out. Her last post was New Years Day and she does say that she plans to keep the site up indefinitely but you never know. But I digress.................

I began that block a week and was keeping up rather well. In fact I did two of them. One orange





and one green. In May she posted the instructions for the setting blocks. I made the setting blocks for both quilts. The green fabric all came from Peg. She cleaned out her green bin and gave me the excess. After the setting blocks were made I discovered that there were some blue greens and some yellow greens. My setting blocks were a blue green and did not really look all that great with the yellow greens.


So why not make two green quilts. So I started the second green quilt.


Then life interfered and my studio actually moved from the basement to the second floor. Other projects caught my eye............. The house was painted inside and out, new carpet installed, new tile in the kitchen and bathroom and a new floor in the entry. I spent the next 18 months with strangers walking through my house. Not much sewing was done. We took the house off the market in December. We wanted the winter to recover from being so neat. I began to sew a bit more.

After getting the studio cleaned up this past weekend I decided to work on a few UFO's. One reason to stay with a project till it is finished is because you tend to forget exactly what you were doing. I have 9 of 13 blocks done for the first green quilt and this morning I cut the fabric and began making the setting blocks. I might actually have something to post Monday when Judy asks what is on your design wall.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10