Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wow it has been over a week since I sat at my computer to type a few words. I usually put the pictures on my computer at home and then come to work a few minutes early to add the words.

For the previous three Mondays I have had phone problems to take care of as soon as I got in which put my behind for the week.

I had not ever realized that it had been a week till I was talking to my sister yesterday.

Saturday a week ago I spent in the kitchen. One of my successes was Black Bean and Beef soup. I topped it with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream with a cilantro leaf on top. I even made Oatmeal bread to serve with it. That recipe is a definite keeper. The rest of the weekend was spent with laundry and errands. No time to do much sewing and I never made it upstairs to sew.




This weekend I finally made it upstairs to get the last of the borders on Freeze Frame. When I looked at the pattern I realized that I had been putting off the final borders since September. I don't know what happened but I never got any sewing done after then. Things got carried upstairs and dropped on the floor of the sewing room. It had become somewhat of a mess. It is hard to work in that kind of atmosphere.




I found this fabric downstairs and it is perfect for the backing.




Here it is in its own Ziploc bag ready to be quilted.



The backing and binding are with it. I hope to learn to machine quilt after THE MOVE. So much of my life is on hold till then. For now I will just keep making tops and then when the new studio is set up I will have space for a larger table to machine quilt on. Right now the little desk I am using is just not large enough for a quilt. Just little table toppers and such.



I spent the rest of my time clearing out, putting away and getting things ready to stitch. This block had to be redone and is usually the case these things get put down and never picked up again. I got the last four pieces pinned and all ready to be stitch. I put it back in the basket for later.

because right now I am spending most of my time on my GFG. Here it is with 10 rows of 14 attached. I can see the end of this stage of assembly.







7 comments:

  1. I just love that blue quilt. My favourite colours, blue and white. It looks great. And GFG is coming along, looking good! Do you ever wonder exactly how many hours you've put in to that quilt? As I've said before, better you than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, where do we find the soup receipe? Love the quilts too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue and white quilt is going to be very pretty! And I love your GFG. You['re right, oatmeal bread is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean M.11:12 AM

    Hi Susan.. Where do you find the time.... I love the material that you picked for the backing, for the blue quilt... Your GFG is beautiful... How large are you making it? .... DH is lucky to have a great cook as you... Huggs and Stiches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the material you picked for the back of your quilt - it is perfect. and that soup looks so yummy! have a great day
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing your QFAH top...it's so pretty! I still have to put on my borders! Maybe I'll do it at quilt retreat next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a pretty freeze frame! I hope you have already shared a photo with JudyL! ;)

    and you are right - that IS the Perfect backing to go with this quilt!!! :)

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10