Friday, January 29, 2010

Several weeks ago I stopped at my LQS for a small piece of lace. No I have not finished the project I purchased the lace for. In fact I am rather at a stopping point with this one. Just can't make up my mind exactly what to do next. Well, enough of that.

I had just looked at the Saratoga Lights pattern on Judy Laquidara's site. I really want to make that quilt and there were a couple of fabrics I thought would look good. I did not buy them that day. I went home to double check the yardage first.

Yesterday I stopped at the LQS once more, this time for thread. HMMM.... there were several fabrics that would look good in that quilt. That quilt does not take long to make.

I came away empty handed but feeling much better. After all, I have TWO major projects going on right now. I have quilt tops stacked up waiting to become quilts. I have fabric purchased and all kitted with the pattern just waiting for me to finish them. I have fabric kits for quilts that were purchased on sale. I have at least a dozen scrap quilts ready to be made and a large bag of scraps to make them with. In other words, my plate is full.

I still want to make Saratoga Lights but WHEN I get some of my other quilts ready to sleep under I will just let the fabric shop keep the fabric and when the time is right I know there will be more fabric available.

Meanwhile, I finished row nine on the GFG and I have it on the quilt. Tonight I can start basting the background for row ten.

5 comments:

  1. sometimes it is good to go away empty handed. I think we buy so much at times that we aren't thinking! I know I am working on 3 projects by hand right now and have one quilt on the frame and 4 waiting in line! I do not need to buy anymore stuff this year but I bet I will.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto... ditto... ditto... on all these un-finished quilt tops and kits and... and... and...

    LOL

    But, I DO applaud you... for walking away empty handed... *VBG*

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kepp being strong Susan and walk away. Now, I'm off to check out that Saratoga pattern.... NO I have two active unfinished projects and more older UFO's. I' just looking. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thatda Girl!!! you know the old saying, one on the bed is worth more than two in the head...

    ;) so keep on keepin on to finish up your PhD's - and then you can go buy the fabric for that JudyL pattern ;)

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I want to show the same self restraint when I have enough on my quilting plate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10