Monday, November 30, 2009

We had an interesting holiday. The weather was not the best. Overcast with occasional rain and terrible winds.

I did the usual cooking and we had a rather good meal. And we will be eating that meal for some time to come.

I sat down to work on my GFG and discovered that two of the flowers were missing. I turned my corner upside down trying to find them to no avail. While I thought about what to do I got out my Insanity kit and worked on that for several evenings. I made the decision to take two flowers from the last row and put them in place now and just eliminate the last row making the quilt 8x13 instead of 8x14. I had flowers left over that I could have used but I would not have enough of the hexagons for the pathways. All of that fabric is used up completely.

Last night I picked it up and looked at it one more time on the back where the numbers are written on the paper back. I had put two of the flowers in the wrong place. There they were all along. I have taken them off and once more I am stitching away on this quilt. Perhaps a picture tomorrow.

I even got about 4 rows done on the section I am quilting on the nine patch.

On Saturday night the heat went out. Glad it was only in the 40's here. We put on extra clothes, used a small ceremic heater where we were sitting and slept under lots of quilts. Someone came today and fixed our problem. How glad I will be to have heat again.

I have everything ready to fix for supper so perhaps I will get some stitching done tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10