Monday, November 09, 2009

I checked the calendar and found that this picture and the next one were taken over two weeks ago. I had gotten the house blessing done, and the cooking and baking complete and sat down to put a few stitches in this quilt.




I made a pot of tea and had a slice of Pumpkin Bread with whipped cream... There was soft music playing and even though it was raining outside it was nice inside. Little did I know that was the last time I had for several weeks.






By Tuesday I was under the weather. And also under the covers in bed with a good book and a box of tissues. Lem went to out to get cold medication and chicken soup. He came back with this too.




So I did exactly what the card said for the rest of the week.




I finished the previous quilt all but the final border. That will require marking and my chalk pouncer is already packed. I took that quilt off the hoop, folded it up and consigned it to the "to be done" stack. Then I got out the little nine patch quilt. I had planned to machine quilt this one but it is so heavy that it drags in the machine. It is now on the hoop and little by little I am getting it quilted. This is really a learning experience for me. I haven't been upstairs for weeks now. I just spend my free time on this quilt.



We had someone look at the house yesterday and someone is coming today to look at it. Maybe one of them will be our buyer.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! It's no fun being sick, but at least you had something to occupy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean M.5:33 PM

    Hi Susan... I hope you are on the mend... I hate to see my friends not feeling well.... Well, my prayers are with you in hopes that you get lucky in selling your house... It sure has been a long haul for you two.... WOW... I am glad you are enjoying the hand quilting.. I just to love to hand quilt.... I find it relaxing... Take care ..Miss you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to finally see a post from you. That pumpkin bread looks so good! And we have one of those 'fancy' lamps, too.....ok we have 2 of them. They sure give out good light. Hope you are 100% better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this photo of your 9 patch ready for quilting...all the needles threaded and just waiting for the quilter to sit down. Hope you feel better and have time for lots of relaxing quilting so you can use up those needles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10