Saturday, September 23, 2006

These are the choices for this weekend and week.
1. Dear Jane blocks for Holiday Swap. I got 14 prepped Friday morning and they are ready to stitch.
2. Baby sock. I have one done and need to finish another one. I learned the provisional cast on and the Kitchener stitch while making the first one. Knitatknoon has great instructional videos on all sorts of knitty things.
3. I could stitch down the binding on the geranium quilt. I found it in the studio and all it needed was the binding. I stitched it on yesterday morning before work so it could be brought upstairs for the hand work.
4. There is the Winter Chair needlepoint. I need to get at least 4 more hours done on it before class next Wednesday. I did work on it for two hours....
5. If I watch television I could work on my blue glittery socks. That yarn actually has a strand of silver thread running through it. One sock done and one 1/2 done
6. The Moda table runner is ready to be pieced. That is for a swap for the Cyber Guild.
7. Last but not least is the snowmen to be stitched for my friend, Lu. She is on the Holly Berry Bazaar committee for our local hospital. Every other year they have a bazaar to raise money for the hospital. She bought the kit to make 6 snowmen. They will sell for $1.00 each. She paid $8.00 for the kit. For me it would be much better to write them a check and be done. That is not going to work for her so since I sew and she doesn't, I will sew up the snowmen so that she can stuff them and decorate them..... She is such a special friend and I am glad to help her out. Yes, I did get this completed

I took that picture this morning and so far I have done none of the things shown. I began by doing a few loads of laundry. Since I was downstairs anyway I thought I would begin machine quilting the top I made from my 2004 Holiday Swap blocks. Well, that is all done, the binding is cut out, pressed and sew on and ready for the hand stitching. I am moving right along with that project.

Lem and I did a few errands and now I am ready for a wee toes up. Then perhaps I can get on with the things I need to work on......
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are in for a some busy days :-) Speedy needles to you !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10