The recent discussion of pincushions sent me on the prowl for what I use.The hat on the left is the pincushion that sits with my featherweight, The Duchess. Both the machine and the pincushion were gifts from Rebekah and Robert.
Behind that and to the right is one held by a row of Chinamen. This style was popular many years ago. It sits by the cutting table just in case I need a pin or two. The stack of hearts lives by the design board. Paper pieced blocks need assistance staying in place. On the far right is a knitted pincushion that works with the Janome. You can see the wooden handle of my stiletto at the ready. Front and center is one of the two items left by my Great-grandmother. It was originally a napkin ring and I added some fiberfill wrapped in velvet. That sits on the large tray I use to corral the tools I need for the current projects.
I had planned a few more pictures to set up the weekend but the camera is being difficult so perhaps tomorrow.
Tonight is TV night so I will knit instead of stitch.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOpps don't know what happened to the typing in first posting.
ReplyDeleteYou have a great collection of pin cushions.
What a variety! I remember my mom having a knitted one like yours when I was little - wonder what happened to it!
ReplyDeleteI do love your collection of pin chshions. Since I saw what you did with the napkin ring I have been on the lokout for a napkin ring. Nothing so far, but I am confident the right item will come along.
ReplyDeleteDear Honey and I spent a lovely day together roaming through GA's State Parks. We are planning a camping trip within the next two weeks. Time will tell how that will work out. All the news worth hearing from Atlanta. Rebekah
Just thought I'd pop over and say hello. I enjoyed reading about your pin cushions. My friend and I acquired SO MANY of them before the Vintage Sale we hosted in June. Do you collect them?
ReplyDelete