My fabric is stored upstairs in totes according to color.... That wasn't working for me. I need it sorted by size........
Several months ago I started bring it downstairs one tote at a time and putting it in one, two, three, and more yard sections on the bookcase.
On this shelf are the less than one yard pieces...... I gave some thought to cutting this fabric into usable sizes but when it came time to put scissors to fabric I always hesitated. What if I needed a 2/3 yard piece and I had cut it into smaller pieces.........
I have a backlog of hand work so instead of creating more this morning I began cutting...
Doesn't look like much progress but this did take an hour. Looks like maybe five more hours to go..
Now I have a stack of fat quarters on the left, followed by a stack of 10 inch squares, and 2 1/2 inch strips on the upper row.
Next there are the charms, 1 1/2 inch strips, 2 inch strips with 3/4 inch strips and 1 inch strips on the front......
Years ago I followed Bonnie Hunter's method of saving fabric... There have been many quilts made from my drawers of pre-cut fabrics. In fact the log cabins I am making now are all from my drawer of scraps......
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.......