Saturday, August 16, 2014
Turkey Bone Gumbo
Last Thanksgiving I saved my turkey carcass......... My sister had given me a recipe for Turkey Bone Gumbo..............
At long last I found time to make the soup.......
Easy....Easy.....Easy.........
You don't even have to chop much......... Just cut the onions in half, add carrots and celery including the tops.........Simmer for 2-3 hours while you do something else.......
Strain the whole thing, remove the turkey from the bones and mash the carrots..........
Add a few other ingredients (it did not call for okra but I added okra to mine, after all is is my soup)....
Three quarts in the freezer waiting for winter.........
Since I got the food saver I find it is so easy to cook ahead.......... I watch the sales on meats then come home and do a lot of cooking....... Put it in food saver bags and I have excellent meals ready to eat.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Thread and I
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Ecclesiastes 9:10
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.......