As I said, it is #2 flooring..... Has lots of worm holes and knots and other natural spots of character................. It is lovely and it is going to be even lovelier after it is finished........
I got this quilt out to press and get ready to be sent for quilting. There was backing fabric in the bag with it......... Then I found that I was 2 yards short of the needed backing...... I do have some of the white that I could add to the blue backing fabric but then I thought it would look even better to put some of the blocks in the back........ No, I don't know where the scraps are for this quilt. They are somewhere in those multitude of totes and boxes in the garage...........
I have made a decision to pack up the entire thing till after the move and the GREAT UNPACK.... then I will be able to find the scraps, make the additional blocks and I will be much happier with the quilt. Now to find another quilt to get ready.............
What are the odds of picking out that one piece of wood? Wow! Your floor is looking beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGood decision on the quilt - just careful you don't put it away and forget to look for those scraps ;-)
...and putting it away for now will free some time for you to work on your Lucinda's Gift quilt - *lol*
hope you will take me on a tour when completed...looking great.
ReplyDeletePretty quilt!!
Hi Susan... The flooring is beautiful... I love it, great tast you two have... Love the quilt as well... I never saw this one... Hugs :)
ReplyDeleteJust catching up on your blog and your new home is going to be so beautiful. I'll bet that you can hardly wait, but at the same time are enjoying the process. It is stressful, but fun, to build a house.
ReplyDeleteYour blue and white quilt will be lovely and I liked your streak of sunshine. I had to look before I noticed any "design variation" in it.