They have some delightful FREE stitcheries for tea towels. I just adore tea towels.
Remember, I am using what I have as much as possible so I got out the white Kona Cotton that I had and cut out 4 tea towels. This is the design that I chose. The blackbird with a pumpkin. There are lots of other designs to choose from.
I found this fat quarter in my stash and it seemed perfect.
I got out my Scallops Sew Easy book and my scallop ruler and began.
Got the design traced...............
The scallop edge sewn on and now I have something else to put in the basket.
I am still quilting the baby quilt each night. I might get to the 1/2 way mark by next week.
What an inspiration you are. Tell me, when you use the kona.. is it single or doubled? When you add your scalloped edge, do you hide your seam or leave it to show? So many questions. maybe take a picture of front and back when done? Hugs. tammy
ReplyDeleteThank you for the freebie link. There's so many lovelies there. Love the scallop you sewed on the Kona, quite elegant. Looking forward to your stitchery.
ReplyDeleteI was also wondering about using the kona cotton as it seems thinner than a regular tea towel. I love to do the embroidery on the tea towels but usually buy plain ones and embroider on them. Bird brain designs have some really nice patterns.Haven't tried scallops yet but yours turned out great.
ReplyDeleteI love those designs too...I have them printed out...just not done yet!!
ReplyDeleteHi Susan... I just love what you did with the scallop edging... What a wonderful idea... You are so clever...It will be a lovely tea towel... :)
ReplyDelete