I got the embroidery done on the first month and last night I began the embroidery on the second month. I should be up to date by the weekend.
I know you are supposed to assemble the block and then do the embroidery but it works better for me to do the embroidery first. I tried to go back to sleep but I kept thinking about that block. Because I had insomnia last night I went upstairs at 2:00 AM to assemble the first block.
I got the two bags of scraps out of the closet and dumped them on the floor. It would be better if I had a table to put them on but I don't so I end up crawling around on the floor.
And here it is.........................Block One...............................
I was downstairs this morning looking for something and while I was there I checked to see if I had anything I could use for the sashing................ Lo and behold I found the perfect fabric. That means this quilt will be made entirely from fabric I have on hand.
Hi Susan... I just love the finish block of Raggedy Ann... I sure wish I had fabric stash like you do... It sure would make life easer for me... But, on the other hand, I would not be able to see straight at 2 in the morning... You are amazing :)
ReplyDeleteOh I LOVE this block - it is so pretty! Although I'm not sure I could do anything half as nice at 2 a.m.:)
ReplyDeleteKris
You should have called me, Susan. I was up at 2 a.m. as well working on my Stash Manicure post.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful to go shopping in your own stash? I haven't bought any new fabric for a while now and although the temptation has been there, I haven't succumbed...yet!
Your block looks wonderful!
Love it! So cute!
ReplyDeleteKathy W
This is wonderful .... you are using your stash too! Those blocks are so cute.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome that you can make such a cute quilt entirely from scraps!!
ReplyDelete