Thursday, March 18, 2010

On Monday Wade Hamilton went for his day of beauty. I needed him to look his best for the Pickle meeting on Tuesday. We opted for his summer trim. Of course he is still wearing his coat since all of his hair is gone but that won't last long. He sure does look like a different dog.


Sunday I went to Vickie's to get help in adding the borders to my GFG. On her design wall is her current project. All of the circles on the quilt have embroidery. She is amazing.

This is a closeup of the quilt.


Vickie is working on a hexagon quilt also. Sort of an 'add as you go' quilt.




Scrappy quilts are my favorite. If I ever finish the hexagon quilts I have started I might even do one of these. It is fun to look at her quilt and see some of my fabrics in there.

We got my quilt all spread out and cut the strips for the borders.


Then we pinned the borders in place. Now every night I am appliqueing them to the quilt. I have one side done and the second side almost done. Still many nights of stitching ahead.






5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous scrappy quilts! Your dog is such a cutie pie, he is all ready for his debut. I have a hexie quilt in the making too...a very long term affair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexagons are so pretty - going to be a treasured quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your GFG is lovely and I just love what you are doing for borders to set off the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cool! I have never seen that done before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love srappy quilts too! They are much more interesting than 'kit' ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10